Monday, March 28, 2011

The voice of the silence

Am yet to read The voice of the silence. Panguni Uthiram is a grand fasting and feasting day for Lord Muruga near our place. The full moon on that day was the closest to earth after many years. It was spell bounding to see the full moon that night. Many a full moons, I would just put up a chair on the terrace or balcony and sit simply gazing at the full moon till kingdom comes. There was a line in a contemporary biographical story on Buddha’s life, where it was mentioned that his mother MahaMaya bared her breasts to the full moon to obtain its full grace for her son. There was this Mecano’s song Hijo De La Luna which was on my loop for many a days.

That was the day, I sent a facebook friend request to my teacher who transformed my life. I thought about nothing else in sending my friend request to my teacher, that I uploaded my mobile number also in facebook to quicken his response.

You can guess what happened, folks from all over the world started calling me at all unearthly times. My god, to receive calls with unknown country codes at 00:44 a.m. that woke me and my sleeping family members with a jolt yet with an agreeable nimitham made me wonder. Folks would just speak without coming to the point. To receive greetings sms’ from foreign numbers was unnerving. So I had to remove my number.

My policy is everyone in this world is a friend of mine. Silence and good thoughts are more efficient than alarming phone calls at odd hours. Silence is golden. Friendly and positive thoughts and feelings are more sublime than words and languages, internet and mobile signals.

No comments: