Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lavender – Lilac – Mauve – Purple – Violet

Some background

One of my favourite flowers is orchid. What a wonderful colour combo it has. Starting with eggwhite bramhaanda base to rainbow’s horizon lavender –lilac-mauve to dark violet –purple, some flowers sporting a reverse order. The idea of earth meeting the sky. I believe orchids can heal the world.



I loved painting. My dad got me water colours and oil paint when I was 3 years old. Yet he was the same person who put a pause to it when it was time to concentrate on academics. So, I painted only for competitions and in a fair number of inter-college competitions I used to get first prizes.

Existing collection

Leo Tolstoy occasionally refers to soft satin lilac coloured dresses of his characters in his War and Peace. It is my favourite colour as well. I have a lavender coloured stretchable material jeans top (Rs.400/-) which I bought for diwali in 2001, it is more than a decade old, but it is my soothing colour and I still wear it on days when it calls me. I have a soft mild violet stole I got for Rs.267/- near Hotel Monarch shopping center in Bangy which I bought on Feb 26th. I have a fascination for things that come to me on Saturn days. Those are the things I deserve – god’s gift. I have a mild electric white lavender plain khadi kurta to go with my white pants, which my sister got for me. She also bought me a light lilac formal shirt to go with my black pant. I have a sticky dark-purple jeans top as well which I bought in Saravana stores in early 2000.

New binge collection



Hair band: Rs. 6/-
Thick steel bracelet: Rs. 85/-
Steel with white stones nakshathra bracelet: Rs. 145/-
Border steel bangles: Rs. 110/-
1 dozen lavender painted glass bangles: Rs. 15/-
Lilac Purple neck piece +earring set: Rs. 225/-
Total worth of this mix and match collection is Rs. Rs. 586/-.

P.S. Owners of the lovely zygo orchid pictures kindly excuse any blatant and inadvertent copyright violations.

No comments: