Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home Alone

Mom had been summoned to Chennai for final discussions regarding sister’s marriage. So I was home alone after a long time. My sleep had been snatched thanks to strange midnight UK call to which I finally managed to put a full stop in the evening. So I was asleep most of the day, waking up to read, and then sleeping, reading and sleeping taking turns.

I went as usual for vocal classes after watering the vegetable patch and partly collecting the fallen tamarind pods. After classes I made a trip to local temple and was just returning, when periyamma called me. She told me that she was waiting at the locked door entrance. Only then I realized how much mom had been feeding me. I feel hungry only if mom is there. Left to myself, I didn’t even feel like stretching my hands to drink water placed next to bed. I didn't feel thirsty even after 2 hours of singing. I wonder why people precisely give me what I don’t need – making so much hoopla about food. I didn’t even roll my tongue up (my attempts with kecchari mudhra). I just did nothing. I simply had no appetite today. And my periyamma was thinking that I was starving, when I was actually not.

No comments: