Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quick Fix

We four had polished off half the water melon and I had parceled the remaining half for them. Curd for making lassi was over. Only a little milk was left along with vanilla payasam I had made earlier in fridge. So when my niece came home unexpectedly, I was in a fix. I could not ask my guests to return the half water melon to serve my niece. Luckily, some bit of water melon was still left sticking to the rind. I mixed vanilla payasam, milk in the lassi mixie and wow vanilla milkshake was ready in a jiffy to refresh my niece.

Only 3 grapes were still fresh left out of the 1 kg my BIL had got us. That along with a mini spoonful of Palani panchamrutham.



I liked the name Laura after the character in Eric Sehgal's Doctors. I named myself Laura Stevenson during my first stop gap call center job in 2003. My niece’s name is Preethi. I like the name Preethi. And now even more after realizing the truth in being born to pursue fame as in Thirukural.

I made cauliflower kuruma and chappathis with a liberal dose of ghee for dinner. And later we had sweet vanilla milk before hitting bed.

No comments: