Thursday, March 24, 2011

Corporate Strategy and Environment – Playing with Mother Earth

Permaculture

We had recently shifted quarters. It is ground floor with spacious wild garden. We have two trees each of tamarind and mango, one each of lemon, nellika, guava and marudhani tree already planted by someone decades ago. Wild curry leaves are growing everywhere. Yes’day, I was exhausted after watering without pipe, this permaculture patch of ponnakanni, pasalai and pudhina and all these trees and plants. I thought, I would rather sit and pray to varuna bhagawan for rains to fall on earth than straining and watering all these trees and plants.

Mom has arranged for a jhoola on this mango tree branch as well.

It is a wild wild garden without any fence. Cows, dogs, cats and other creatures tread freely on this wild garden, each eating whatever it wants, each resting and playing wherever it wants. I just had to wish and hiss once to keep the dogs from digging out and hurting my newly planted vegetable patch.

Am going to plant roses, jasmine, nandhiyavattai, tulsi, plantain tree sometime soon when my body permits me.

I had always loved organic farming. My inspiration is Mother Pondicherry for flowers. Guess, half my yoga asanas would be done spending some time with soil. I simply love jasmine flowers. We have 2 akash malligai trees surrounding our quarters at a walkable distance, one on the main road, and one just opposite to the entrance. This world is always a beautiful place, I only have to keep myself from doing any stupid thing and spoil it in the name of beautification and gardening, agriculture - that and this culture.

No comments: