Friday, March 25, 2011

Dabbias Hi-Look tailors

After buying a Banjara’s wheat germ gel for Rs. 150/- (moisturizing and I can feel that my skin is indeed soft as butter silk) we boarded an auto to reach Karim’s for scarves. But Karim bhai was dead and a black and white poster was pasted on the shop.

I moved on to JJ cut piece, went to Dabbias to give my scarves for stitching.

I used to hate caste system, when I didn’t understand the quintessential spirit that everyone is equal, when I didn’t understand it’s application: it’s use for efficiency in work, till I heard Subramanian Swamy speak in college on 2G scam. Like he quoted about Indira Gandhi, even am mesmerized by him. I now know which party to vote for during elections. I am still trying to get my voter’s id card though even after all formalities from my side got over years ago.

Message Inside



The essence of the message is the same as the mantra my yoga teacher taught me to recite before doing Surya Namaskars everyday. Websites give it as vimalam achalam:

Brahmaanandam paramasukham kevalam jnaanamurthim
Dvandvaateetam gaganasadrusham tatvamasyaadi lakshyam
Ekam nityam vimalavachanam sarvadeesaakshibhootam
Bhaavaateetam trigunarahitam sadgurum tam namaami.

I salute to that Sadguru who is the source of eternal bliss, supreme happiness, who has true wisdom, who is beyond the dualities, who is infinite, whose attention is always on the divine, who is unique, eternal, pure, steady, and who sees with the eyes of wisdom who is beyond thoughts and beyond three gunas - Jai Guru datta.

The Shop

This shop is located just near Chathram busstand upstairs two shops after Ambal shop. The tailors wash their tea tumblers and cups with such care and leave it dry outside. Only ladies are allowed inside the shop. Soothing songs are being played in the background. One does not have to carry stitched blouse for measurements. She knows the art and science of tailoring. The ma’m didn’t accept my mother’s torn kanchivaram sari on Friday, instead she said, bring it on a Saturday after April. The same vedic wisdom. She quickly got my three scarves stitched, and it was ready by the time she finished my measurements. All this efficiency, with an infectious smile on her face.

No comments: