Monday, March 28, 2011

My useless yet meaningful Pasam trip to Kodaikanal

Man Without Feet - There once was a man who complained of having no shoes – until he met another man with no feet.

My friend and I don’t need words to speak with each other – we simply trust each other and can continue our conversation as if we had just spoken seconds earlier even after years of silence. (If you are curious, he married the same girl written by agasthiyar naadi jyoshiyam 7th kandam, he shares my brother’s dob and his nakshathra is my favourite, aspirational revathi). So his sms about Kodaikanal Pasam Hospital triggered my unresearched trip there right after my discharge on March 15th, to find a free way to remove my surgical scars.

It was written in my horoscope 2 decades before i met with any of my accidents, that lagna lord mars in scorpio (incidentally lord of 6th as well) would result in body scars. I had thought that my 9 surgeries and the resultant scars were the worst thing to happen to a girl before my Kodai Paasam trip.

My mother and I had to fight hard to keep the caring smile on our faces with compassion in our hearts and stop our tears from spilling out, as we saw the close to hundred, various - usually 3rd degree burn victims, (earless Goan girl, etc) – prioritized for free scar removal from amongst mostly young girls out of the 900 patients who had registered for the annual free plastic surgery by German doctors in Paasam hospital.

Catch Me if You Can

So next year at least, I will register in time and see if at least my lower lips can get efficient and humane treatment in Paasam. Consultations had closed just the day before and patient prioritization had been done and surgeries had started by the time we reached there. So our only option was to catch the German doctors as they emerged in between surgeries, explain our case and see, if we coax them to operate on us as well. There were many worse cases than mine. I was thankful to god, for sparing my face from glass pieces in my vehicle accidents. It was an exact reflection of the thought that portrays the meaning, that when I complained to god that I didn’t have good shoes to wear, God showed me people who had no feet.

Beautiful Kodai

Chithappa’s spiritual contacts worked here as well. My host (descendant of Pudukottai royal family) had a spacious villa, right in the neighbourhood of Dhayanidhimaran. He picked us up, bought us lunch and snacks, provided Green tea in his home, took us for a lake view ride in his car, time was up, else we could have gone for a boat ride, let me trot wildly on a docile whitish mare to my heart’s content and helped me find a Christian samaritan who could command the attention of anyone for actually getting the doctors to even speak to me in the first place. I figured out that my case comes under cosmetic surgery and not plastic surgery, which is not done in Pasam incidentally. He showed us the Shruthi place where Sai Baba stays, when he comes there every year.

We returned home the same day, thankful to God. Our host came home today all the way from Kodaikanal to return the discharge summaries and snap on horse that I had forgotten at his residence. Strange boding. :-)

No comments: