Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Annanas and Dadima

Apples, Pineapples, Pomegranates
Dadima from Namakkal

Dadima

When she first told dadima, i exclaimed what! hope you didn't mean granny? Ever since, my BAMS friend told me dadima was vata pacifying, i have started to ignore the rates. I either go straight to Koyembedu fruits market or trichy market to bargain and buy at least 2kgs for 200.  When dad was alive, he would peel mosambis and separate pomegranates and make me eat in the afternoons. It would be laced with nicotine smell of his fingers, but his love made me ignore the cigarette smell.

Wish there was a way of knowing the colour of pomegranate seeds inside without cutting. One should not judge a book by its cover fits dadima the most. And if it is perfect crimson red, i get into wondering, hope they have not injected colours. They say, growing pomegranate trees invites kubera into home. So we planted a tree in our home. Wonder when carpenter uncle will bring us home grown pomegranates.

And according to healing essences of flowers

Punica Granatum is a symbol of fertility, pomegranate restores self-nurturing and regenerates fertility on all levels, helping to identify long-buried emotional needs, especially in relation to the mother, childbearing and creative issues.
http://www.imagejuicy.com/images/plants/p/punica/4/

source from net

I didn't take this picture, can't find the link, but i copied this picture along with others when I prepared a ppt of 42 healing flowers staying awake the whole night. I was searching for a perfect picture amongst 3.47 lakh odd pomegranate pictures. This flower essences ppt with 43 slides is a visual treat, that i can't help showing to select guests at home.

Pomegranates are more relation building than Cadburys Rum and Raisins. I had two friends in hostel, where it was ritual, sharing a pomo, after a late night assignment. Pineapple juices after fractures and surgeries. More about pineapple after I cut them.

No comments: