Sunday, March 3, 2013

Random and Order of Birth

She would not be more than 20 years old. Fragile and slim, with a fawn brown kurti pajama and black dupatta. Kind of cute girl. She had rolled up her pajamas a little below her knees, so that she could clean the toilets without wetting her dress. She came with a white bucket and broom. Earlier, we used to have a talkative lady in her 30s, who would advise me to not to do yog pranayam when others could see, who would never bother to cover her high waist blouses with her sari, or cover her thighs, as she went around cleaning the rooms. And I used to think, this modesty is mostly middle class. Higher up, except for practical, political or spiritual reasons, women seldom think twice about ultra-miniskirts or all revealing attires. How, temporal this beauty is. Beauty and poverty. Instead of going to school, she wanders with a broom and bucket.


Nithya shodasika roopa. One of the many interpretations I read was sweet 16. Our planets have different ages. But most of our gods and goddesses are depicted sweet 16. Still remember the first class our geography teacher took. I was surprised to see, how he related gods that people prayed to the geographies. Coast regions had narayana, Krishna with pastoral regions, muruga with his rooster and snake attributes down south, lord rama with hunting attributes with the plains, Shiva on the Himalayas, the rivers with whimsical goddesses.

In yet another other class, wonder how he got diverted to this topic, he went on to describe sexy grand moms in the US, where women did what not jobs on their face, body and skin to look so good looking. While analyzing cases, there would be pairs, where the women is 25 years older than the 40 year old guy. Skin deep, how it enslaves. Of course, men- women mirroring takes place at all pancha kosha levels, all chakra levels, many who go beyond the skin and muscle structure, look for the companionship, conversation, intelligence, talent, spirituality within. There were cases, where all that they shared a longing glance; a loving thought; love of music, books, dance. There was a case of matrimonial ad, where the father-in-law wanted for his son, a bride, who had in-depth knowledge. At physical level - there was a Vishaka Gemini, a thiruvathirai Cancerian; krithika Capricon; Uthirathaadi Taurean who wanted multiple women the same day, not even wanting to waste transition time and there was a kumbha taurean who retorted we are not humans, if we are not loyal to one person. Well, all flavours of mirroring. Numerology got etched in my memory because of certain pair formations. Half united, half parted. Unions in school college, old age, rather all ages are matter of interest, especially for men in power, the original creators with a strong vishuddi chakra. Everything has its time. A time to meet, a time to part.

Order of Birth

Of late, shiva on my lips has transformed to Krsn. Every time, only after I realize that I had uttered krsn, I would wonder, did my tongue touch the upper palate for the sa and na. So I don’t know why I uttered krsn, but my mentor was quick to point out that, he too was krsn. When I asked him, how? He said, he was born as the eighth in the family.

Suddenly order of birth reeled in my mind. The first borns, have to carry the heavy burden of society, parent’s expectations, set the example. The second born has to fight for attention of parents. The third born is the happy go lucky child, accepting whatever life gives with a cheerful mind. Day before yesterday, I happened to have breakfast with my colleague who was the third born and it instantly reminded me of my jovial brother.

From barbara, it was amazing to learn the simple truths, which are so obvious, but least acknowledged.

No comments: