Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So much hoopla over Summers

We had Thakur's fundae being circulated, which boosted one up. We had all the best of luck slips of paper slid under our door. We had seniors mailing us and giving us speeches, we are there for you, this is not the end of the world. And i was wondering, oh my god, why so much? Probably it is for those sincere folks like S and K.

S dragged me for a walk, in my formals and kept on saying, how much she felt bad on not getting even a single shortlist. She said, she regretted leaving IIT, BITS and NIT for Pune University due to various reasons. She kept on saying the same thing over and over again. I felt, i should put in use all my listening skills and help her out. I was praying that she get calmer and god give her some sense of peace. She was saying, how deserving candidates like her were being discouraged, since the geela companies like H were recruiting fresher gals who had come in NorthEast quota. She went on and on. I got her back to the room after some time and got on to reciting Lalitha. Probably, even ambika was not ready for my droning. My sis interrupted me with her phone call and later K barged in. I never lock my door. Since i am too lazy to get up and open the door every time someone knocks. It is always open, even when i go out, since i am too careless to take care of my keys. And even after i have lost so many things, i feel, if it was mine, it would be there. If some took it, they needed it more than i did, but if i missed what they had taken, then, it is going to be of no use to them as well.

So K came in and took the laptop and started searching something and i could see her throat working up. I could see the tear drops swelling in her eyes. I could hear the tremble. She kept on saying how unlucky she was. Man, she said, she does not want any of these jobs. She will think, that 9 lakhs have gone down the drain. She said, she was afraid to get married, since she thought she was unlucky. God, you should look at their resumes. It was god like and these 2 were crying. K on not converting her 2 shortlists. I tried to console her in the way i could. But it didn't help i guess. She still felt bad, though a little bit better. She said, she was not even able to cry. After 30 mins or so, she said, she will go to G and Sr my seniors and later she came back stating that she was very happy now and they were angels. I agree, they are.

In fact, i had scheduled a mock interview with G, but felt lazy. Sh had said, i would be lazy like this since Saturn had conjoined Sun in my case till 2010 third month. But think, i am always taking astro for excuse. I have so far, successfully struck to my resolution of not seeing astrogyan or astro sites or seeing hora or seeing thithis and my sadhana and kshema star days for doing tasks. So far think, it is almost a month now, i have stood by my resolution. But Sh came and told me about my kundli. He told me, the reason, why i should not see this astro stuff. He said, tantriks have a horrible life and astrologers who say pariharams will get part of the bad karma effects. I agreed. My only thing is to stop reading my own hands.

So back to track. G herself came to my room just now and she did my mock. (Left to myself, i would have watched the last part of King Arthur). God, how helpful the seniors out here are. God bless them all. God bless this whole world, let peace and good will descend on this earth.

No comments: