Wednesday, November 12, 2008

15 minutes

I have decided to write only for 15 minutes. So much to do now. S got into P. They actually sent a bike to get her from the hostel block and she made it and am really glad. Not sure abt K though.

The thing, i wanted to write abt was my silver anklet. Yes, nothing is mine in the long run. I realized that this anklet could come out without unhooking, once when i removed my socks last month. I didn't realize it was that loose. The first time, it slipped out was while i was searching for PG in blore early this year. I thought, i had a slimy, slippery insect inside my shoes, only to find that my left anklet had come slipped into my shoes. This evening, after waiting till 5:30, i decided to push off and found that on coming back to my room, again my left anklet was missing. I retraced my path, but it was a bit dark by then. I told the receptionist, security, the helpers sitting on the grass, the cooks in MDC dinning hall. But don't know whether i would get to see it again.

The first time, i wore something for my legs was in 7th standard for bharatnatyam. I got to get my first anklet only after my left ankle was scarred for life with orthochondrosis. Those were the days, when even my chudi pant rubbing on my ankle, used to be so much to bear. But i loved anklets and wore them. Once, after a fight with mom, i removed these trinklets and vowed to become a nun. And the last time, i removed them was before the last surgery.

After that, it was on his suggestion, that i got back to wearing anklets from April and now to see only my right leg having the anklet, somehow makes me feel lacking something. Okie but what is the big deal. Why bother? What is the worst thing that can ever happen?

No comments: