Sunday, March 23, 2008

Unexpected Friday

Never felt so fidgety, for any of the 4 personal interviews… now for the last and the most important one…I felt very nervous… on Thursday night, I spent one hour with my most wonderful foe who also happened to be my ex school mate who digressed on and on about Osho’s sexual philosophies… hit bed without revising and revised only in the morning… and luckily during the interview…they asked only what I had prepared… good…everything was as expected, except the last part…where the interviewer said, I had a low CTC with 4 years of experience that too with 2 sap certifications…my whole day was spoiled…

I had not had my breakfast… and I didn’t feel like having my lunch until one hour later, when my tummy started grumbling…I mixed carrots, green peas, beans, okra and made a simple sambar rice in cooker in one go… and gulped down… even then…I felt so bad…so I did the thing, I always do, when I am depressed or whenever exams are there nearby…I started cleaning the house…I had taken one day pass…thinking,…I will go the city market and buy some veggies and flowers for the special meals I would make for mom… I started cleaning around 1:30 and till 5:30…I was still sweeping the 1 bedroom house…I cleaned up …arranged the books and found that Shub had the week supplement of a wonderful booklet with erotic pictures… I placed it carefully as well… along with her other medical books… In my effort to engage myself…I had pulled off the fan wire while I was removing the cobwebs from the bedroom ceiling fan… the fan had stopped working…and I was removing cobwebs on Friday…don’t know why ppl say that you are not supposed to remove cobwebs on Friday… got to research why…

Just as I was sweeping…P1 called… oh my god…now I have got my fears confirmed… even if it was an ayiliyum with a Piscean sun and ascendant…I would not have her for my roomie…though it is great talking to an ayiliyum… she was our project Aishwarya Rai’s friend’s friend… I was supposed to safe guard the guruvayur prasadam in fridge… till she came and collected it from me on Friday evening… she sounded so snobbish with her English over mobile and I had decided to go to city market once she had left… room was spic and span by the time she came… from a distance she was super slim…with thin legs…a neat figure…and with an exaggerated sway in her walk… she had back problem…so she could not come by auto …oh well… who does not have a back problem these days…

We shook hands near the corporation atm and I led her inside… gave her water and offered her grapes…my idea was to serve green grapes in the green bowl and pomegranate in the pink bowl…but she came before I could separate the pomegranate seeds and present it neatly…she said no to coffee or tea… good I didn’t have milk as well…but I could have made her sukku malli kapi…

So she started with her stories… her saga… will I say all such things in the first visit …don’t know…but I know why she said it…she is a December 7 gal… a frank saggi… okie… understandable…she was 36 she said… a good 9 years senior to me…still unmarried… okie her blabberings are even more understandable…I have seen a post woman giving in to an already married guy of 56 with kids when she was 39 and still unmarried…

She said about our Aishwarya’s friend’s father… I had always seen this gal as a gal of few stern words… I didn’t know that she had a handsome father… that her parents were so beautiful that P1 used to say that P was adopted from the streets… in fact P is pretty good looking… nevertheless her father was like those Raymond ads guys… he was admitted around December 31 for cancer that turned out to be Sarcoma… P1 described how the connective tissues die and how the legs were swollen like an elephants and how on placing the scalpel…all the flesh spilled over… man… I was felt so squeezy… it was March 11 when he died… P1 was the first one to break the news about this aggressive cancer to P… P was strong and she accepted it… she felt it was torturous to let her dad suffer so much of pain… when his skin was pulled taut with all those cells and tissues waging a war beneath his skin… her hus was also a number 7 guy and they silently got married within one year of her father’s death… P’s husband is so understanding and they get along each other nicely… P1 said she was happy for P and P’s mom could not stop crying on P’s wedding… Now i feel...who ever is strong and appears stern has gone through something... i need to be good with every one...

After this P1 told about Pankaj’s story that made me gasp and cringe with despair….
P1 is the admin department with AZ…and she had business contacts with Pankaj for more than 5 years… she always used to say hello and he would always start with a Namaskar…then suddenly she found that for the past 6 months she was not able to reach out to him…he was supposed to have resigned his job… or something like that… she reduced the business with company A… and suddenly last week she got a call from Pankaj and he called her for lunch on Wednesday to explain things…. P1 agreed, thinking, let me see the guy with whom I have been talking over phone for the past 5 years without seeing even once…

Pankaj had been returning home near Hebbal road around 11 pm after a party… suddenly 5 call taxi or call center cab drivers shoved him inside his own car with a knife pointed at his neck…they closed all the black tinted windows of the car and put on loud music… Pankaj could not shout cause the knife was pressed deep inside the skin… and when he could shout… no one came to his rescue because of music... even a police van on the way missed this…all the way from Bangalore to Krishnagiri they kept on stabbing him with knife all over his face and shoulders… to extract the pin of the credit card… P1 said, come on we just use credit card for buying items …who would remember the pin of the credit card… however those guys didn’t believe Pankai and they tortured him with knife cuts…on the way those 5 guys made couple of calls… which Pankaj carefully memorized… wrote couple of numbers on his thighs…while the guys were busy poking with knife on Pankaj… near by Krishnagiri…Pankaj decided his only way to survive was to pretend being dead…those guys slit his throat from ear to ear… and Pankaj held his breath when they kept their fingers near his nostrils… they then took on to stabbing his thighs to see if he was really dead… Pankaj bore the pain and pretended to be dead… at last after the 5 guys were satisfied that Pankai was really dead…they threw Pankaj on the road and fled away… Pankaj lay on the road without moving for 1 hour on the krishnagiri road… then around 5 am he got up and walked…initially no one came to help him…thinking he was a beggar or a mad man… his whole what remained of his dress was drenched with blood and at last some middle class woman (why did P1 use this word?) helped him out… they took him to a Police station and then to a hospital… when the doctors put his two fingers in this neck…it could come out at the other side…his voice box was paralyzed by the time he reached Mallya hospital… but now he is talking… he has come over it… god alone has got him through… he gave the numbers to police station and identified the 5 guys and those 5 guys are in the jail now… apparently they had also killed an engineer earlier… well…Pankaj had bared his collar to show his neck slit to P1… he could not show the wound in his thighs to P1… Pankaj now calls up police if he finds some car moving suspiciously… he feels it is ok to raise false alarms…even if he was able to save at least one person during those efforts… Pankaj’s photos came in the newspapers after his miraculous survival and that fact that his tormentors were punished…I could not help admiring Pankaj for his guts and tolerance and cringe as to why god lets such things ever happen… P1 went on and on…

At times, I was moved to tears… she had compressed disk problem because of which her leg was paralyzed and she was not able to walk for 6 months… by Sri Krishna’s grace she had started walking again… she had a high metabolic rate and hence she didn’t have to maintain her figure…this guruvayur prasadam was for her back…she said…she had seen her mom’s last breath…she had seen her mom’s twin sister’s death… all at an young age…which is still fresh in her memories.. she had recurring dreams where it was as if she was sitting in a temple on a cold stone slab surrounded by lush green grass… she said…she had seen her dead mom in her dreams… but in her dreams her mom was always active… not as the sick person as in her last few months… she had a niece who was 21 years old and a nephew was 24 years old… she was from Coorg…the guys who had seen her had asked if she was virgin… and this had put her off…at times zodiac didn’t match…but most times… it simply didn’t click and 36 yrs had flown by…and she had a stern way of speaking… but her words were kind and she was warm hearted once you got speaking to her… she looked so strong and snobbish at the first sight but after 2 hrs with her around 8 pm…I was literally crying… begging her to stay with me for the night or have dinner …I was touched…she was such a caring and a warm hearted person… I accompanied her till the bus stand and she was off…I completely forgot about going to city market…I made another trip after coming home to at least get milk for mom in the morning… I hit the bed…thanking god for the number she gave me… after my yoga quest…I was searching for a reiki guru…some one who teach me pranic healing… if mom was not coming over the weekend… I would have met him then… now I have to meet him over next weekend…or this week if god wills…

No comments: