Saturday, February 2, 2013

Strawberry Kanne! Vinveli Penne!

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe or take for granted; nor to find task and discourse; but to weigh and consider" - Sir Francis Bacon Sr.

Strawberries instantly takes me to "Autobiography of a Yogi". Paramahamsa Yogananda says, how his guru Yukteshwar Giri, predicted that, he would relish the very same strawberries when offered in America, which he had disliked initially in Kashmir years ago. Another story told, how a saint predicted, the date on which the king would eat previous day's gruel, which happened as predicted. So does this mean, you can predict the kind of food that you would eat, eagerly or in disgust? It is another thing, that after reading yogi's autobiography, i made mom fry my poories in ghee. Sheer ambrosia it was. It is so difficult to just weigh and consider and not believe what you read.

I had read in wholesome and unwholesome combination that milk should not be mixed with fruits and the only healthy milk shake was dates milkshake, since the rasa virya vipaka were same. I thought, i could add honey as at least, if not milk or curd. And then this site told me that not even honey could be added. So i proceeded to eat strawberries, as it was, without any honey or without milk. I could not eat more than 2 strawberries and finally decided to make a smoothie, much against combinations. I just prayed, that this strawberry milkshake, should not harm my body and savoured the delicacy to hearts content.


 


No comments: