Friday, August 20, 2010

Heidi by Johanna Spyri

I had a charming massively chubby svelte Mallu senior who called herself Heidi. A scorpio I believe. She has escaped miraculously without a scratch a bus accident where the bus she was sitting in overturned into a valley. I started reading this BBC collection ebook thanks to her nickname. After Les Miserables and War and Peace this seems lighter. Let me see.

Oh, this is the very same novel, I have seen as a hindi movie. Cute story indeed. Alluring by its simplicity and innocence and pristine purity. Reminds me of the only German exchange student who used to study with me for quizzes, who laughed for everything in term IV.

Why this book just flew by in matter of hours. Nice charming story. All is well that ends well. Simply divine, simple and divine. For simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

No comments: