Monday, October 8, 2007

The most wonderful day

Weekends always vanish every time, with little time for anything that I really want to do.
Last week was no exception. To top it all, I happened to watch Virumaandi in KTV, while I was hooked to mobile talking to mom and Raji. Was mighty glad, when V got over … thank god it got over… and this morning at 7, I found that I had slept over Atlas shrugged without even switching off the lights…In the morning…I was still with AS… I didn’t bother to take the newspapers for breakfast…I was still struck to AS…

Thanks to dd debacle on Wednesday, I had to go to IISc this morning…I started opening AS near Pizza hut signal…I had just started … and was just thinking about the preface the editor had written… he seemed to be so scared of Mrs Rand… saying…she will not like this… she will prefer only this and had written the excerpts and how she had got writing this novel… what she wanted to convey… she wanted to stress on the relationship of her firsthanders with the rest of her dismal world rather than firsthanders alone as in FH… oh my god… when I read her note "may god forgive my mistaken conceit"…I thought…it is not mistaken… in fact is 100% genuine conceit…and she would do well to have 1 ppm of modesty… of course, were she to say this on my face…I would say "oh come on Ayn… there is no such thing…just be yourself…"

I can never ever stand suspense…I always read the last page once the novel poses its first suspense…so far I have not read the last page…I did not bother about the caution who ever wrote the preface had given…and could not help admiring the way she thought… the unthought-of of perspective she infused…I was reading about Hank Rearden and then I felt, oh my god… how lonely Ayn must have felt in the company of those people who did not think on her wavelength… but at times…I was so irritated with her highhanded, supercilious, condescending attitude… as if she and her so called firsthanders were the only people and the rest were trash… is expressing feelings a sin…something so base and vulgar? Why all this class crap? Would anyone feel lonely when they are happy? I feel lonely when I am in a crowded station or TNagar Ranganathan street kind of area…but please not when you are happy…Shiva would be there then…But at times, I could not help realizing the agony she might have felt trying to break away from those mundane things to higher realm of typical Aquarian abstractions…am just in page 42… and so more on this later… about half way through the trip … after crossing Ulsoor lake in St. John’s road after 1 hour…I found that I had forgot my dd…I was confused... should I backtrack and retrieve the dd or carry on and get the dd in some bank on the way…I decided to go back since, cancelling the dd will involve wasting Vijay’s time and getting a new dd the auto guy's time… there was so much of air pollution and I was torn between devouring the bangalore sights… reading AS in traffic signals …being extremely happy with myself for forgetting the dd back in the room and rubbing my nails together for hair growth as Ramdev had said…I should have got the message at least then… surprisingly sugi picked up the call I made in her out-patient hours… in fact i always wonder…will I ever get the chance to play the elder sis…

When I returned back to room more than an hour later… it was 10:30 am and match was going on in the reception… I just took the dd and photographs and rushed back and reached application office around 11:30 … the counter guy said, the dd i had taken was for online application and I need to get another dd… so I went to the sbi and tried to cancel the dd… after writing an application letter and 5 minutes later…the BM told me that I had to cancel the dd only in the branch where the dd was originally taken… another queue to get the dd…at last I got the dd and rushed back…IISc had a kind of soothing effect…tall old trees… lively studious ppl… I could not help admiring JRDT for this sheer foresight and the way he had positively affected so many people’s lives… had he thought like Hank Rearden… just making steel and money…obsessed with his ingenuity… am wondering, where would India be…you can be a genius, get frustrated with others for being the genius like you are…showing-off and being indifferent to the rest of the world and be great… but when you are genius, a pioneer and take the world (okie a majority at least) with you rather than fight with them…take them to your higher level rather than cribbing about popular trash stuff… you would be greater… I got the form and filled it along with another gal who was from Jharkhand…I filled the form in record speed coz the auto guy had been waiting for nearly 2 hours… and… the counter guy was helpful and he gave me the adhesive and scissors to cut my photograph… I wanted to post the form right there…however, post office was not right on the way and hence… I decided to post it in NAL post office in Airport road… I was reading the brochure in the auto and to my dismay I discovered that I had used pen where I was supposed to have used pencil… well… nothing much to do now… I can not go back and get another form… I just wrote with pencil over the pen markings…

I poured out to mom around 1:30… reached NAL post office… it felt so primordial out there… so many of us were there… and the lady at the counter was calmly counting bundles of notes… at last she finished…gave the bundles to another table and finished processing my speed post after 15 minutes… and then when I went to office, it was 2:47 pm and found, lunch was over in the cafeteria… i should have got this day’s cue… however…I decided to go for Palak Cheese grilled sandwich…

This evening, we had another celebration…and my DM had been looking for me to write out the names on certificates, but I had been here in blore roads, so i had escaped ...there were so many of them…after the certificates were distributed…I got my dabba and came out… and found in my dabba alone samosa was missing… and since I had forsaken cakes with eggs a year ago…my high tea snacks was reduced to nothing in the end…I believe, even every bit of dhana we eat is destined…I should have struck to my original plan for trayodashi…Shiva-Shiva…

No comments: