Monday, January 4, 2010

Kaarthigai Deepam in Thirvannamalai

Here’s my Dec1st thiruvannamalai saga.

I was looking for a company this time, coz it came on a week day and I was unsure, if someone would take leave and come for girivalam and deepam. So I was telling everyone during lunch about company and luckily PZ, a Swiss law student agreed. We practice yoga together every weekday.

Tuesday, Dec 1st 12:30 pm
We had lunch and boarded bus around 2 pm from the usual BMTC busstand opposite lalbagh gate. He wore a facemask in the auto in bannerghatta road. He used a disinfectant to frequently rub his hands, be it after eating bajji or bananas or oranges. Around 7:20 we were just 10 km from thiruvannamalai and found ourselves stuck in traffic jam. And it took close to 12 kind for the jam to get cleared and reach a place where we could board an auto from. We were amongst the last few people to remain on the bus, coz PZ had a 20 kg bagpack for his 10 days vipasanna meditation in Chennai where he was planning to go after girivalam.

12:30 am
We alighted and boarded an auto to go to temple and I discovered that my bag front zip was open, my mobile and purse containing debit card, 580/-, pan card, institute id card and photos was stolen apparently in the bus during traffic jam while I was asleep. We went nevertheless to the temple western gate this time and took bath opposite to western gate. And it started raining. We walked in the rain. Luckily PZ had got an umbrella. Guys were teasing me stating, how I got paired up with a foreigner which I chose not to mind.

5:00 am
We finished girivalam and just as we were about to enter the temple, we saw the three deities on the way and I was glad for a close and peaceful darshan. (kumbida ponna deivam kurukke vandha maadhiri) It was so crowded, more than Chithra pournami. PZ gave me auto fare and busfare and he went to Chennai busstop and I went to Trichy busstop and later villupuram busstop after waiting for some time.

7:30 am
The Madurai-karaikudi bus started and I reached home at 2-3 pm. I slept leaning on an old man sitting next to me. I didn't step out of quarters even once except for gathering dried clothes from terrace one whole week. I made keerai every day, and cooked and ate to heart’s content at home.

No comments: