Friday, February 13, 2009

Brinjal and me

The first time, I had an aversion towards brinjals was when my sis, after her bio lab adventures, told me that the seeds inside the brinjals, looked like tadpole eggs. And I tentatively stopped eating brinjals. But later, kathrika pullikolumbu and kathrika ennakka, was irresistible and I started eating again.

Yes’day evening, I was seeing all the fwd mails and I found this naankadavul.zip. I was eating the apples given during afternoon lunch and here was this background music of omnamashivaya and agories’ disgusting video of the so called saamiyars, cutting human hand, sitting on corpses and meditating and eating putrid flesh fished out of rivers. That night, I had to attend H ppt and I ate pulliyodarai, for the sake of completing a job in a hurry to be on time for the meeting. This morning again, I ate idlies and vada, though vada didn’t sense good and the fact that the frying oil droplets in chutney were red in colour indicating, its reusage, kinda revolted me. This afternoon, I kept alarm at 1:45 to have lunch, to eat without appetite, just to finish the job of eating before the mess closed at 2 pm. I went to the mess, piled up 2 cups of curd, rice, sambar, raitha, there was this baigan bhartha or masala ennakka. I piled that up as well, got a phulka and sat down to eat. I had my first bite of the phulka with brinjals and the second, that the scene of the man, eating dead man’s flesh flashed. I got up with vehemence. Food was so revolting. I could not eat my lunch and dinner now. Later around 4 pm I had 2 lassies and chocolate pastries. Am glad, I was distracted by S while I was eating.

God, wish I could forget these things and go on. God, please, I should erase this off my mind. When so many are starving without food, wasting so much is wel... Think, i will go to mess, only when am absolutely starving.

No comments: