Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Why this obsession?

Yesterday evening, I was in a hurry to go to the restroom, finish my cup of milk and still board the bus at 6:30 pm. My plan was to put henna for my hair at night for the weekend trip; clean up the attic and hit bed at 10 pm. somehow I managed to board the bus near the speed breaker. And only near bake point, I realized my mobile was not in my shoulder bag. I alighted immediately, after having handed out 20 for team bus snacks which was gone for good. I walked back frantically, without bothering about who was coming in the front or side. Luckily near Citi bank ATM, I hurriedly told a Piscean that I had lost my mobile. She asked, if it was the nokia one and showed a similar model in another gal’s hands. I said, yes, and she told me, that it was with the reception guys. Man, only then, I could slow down my pace. For IJ’s msg and contact no. was in the mobile. First thing, I have to do is maintain an xls of all mobile contacts and mail it to my gmail id. This is the third time, this mobile has come back to me. The first time, we almost lost it was in 2006, when sugi and I were returning in share auto late at night. We alighted at palavakkam and realized, the mobile was left in the auto itself. The auto wallah, returned the mobile after 20 minutes. We had argued with him and had not given him extra that he demanded and so he was full of disparaging laughter, seeing how desperate we were to get back the mobile. The second time, was when the guys in bike tried to snatch it from my hands and managed to grab part of the headset.

I went to the reception and the security made a call spoke for few minutes and declared, there was no mobile anywhere. Luckily, 2 house keeping guys came and told, that it is at the basement. And it was there. I signed a register and got it back. I called up dad and everyone and told them the story.

On Tuesday morning, my naidhana schoolmate had called up and told that he needed one gal to give company for his colleague Pallavi for Wynad trip. Apparently there was no other gal of the right age group in his office it seems. How can that be? Well whatever. Tuesday morning I decided, NO, for it was 3.5K for 2 nights in innova. That too when I am in notice period. Tuesday evening, I decided YES, for when am I going to freak out with friends? I told so, and it was all confirmed. Wednesday morning, I decided NO, for it was chandrastama for me over the weekend. Wednesday afternoon, I was forced to again say YES, since it was all confirmed. Man, now I should see, what on earth is going to happen this weekend.

Mom readily said, go, as always. In fact of late, I am seeing, that my parents don’t say no to anything, I say. They let me have my way for most of the things. My bro and sister said, it is your wish, as if it didn’t bother them. In fact for a school trip, my physics sir had to speak to my dad for 45 minutes to convince him to let me go for a 2 day trip to kerala. Now, he just said, if you can manage without bothering yourself too much then go. But I could sense the resentment in his voice. He sounded dull and went back to same old story of not having got us dumped to some guy.

I have this habit of seeing whether any dress is lucky for or not. Any small incident or accident, I give that dress to someone else. That august morning, I didn’t let the sisters cut my jean with scissors, I managed to extricate myself without tearing the jean. But somehow, I could not get myself wear the same jean again. So I have to now buy jean for this weekend trip. Or else carry 3 sets of clothes for 2 days. But I saw, it was not good for buying jean either yesterday or this day and I don’t want to wear formal pants for a weekend trekking trip.

Now I have to put henna this evening, but I can not since, it is Thursday and I don’t want to wash my hair. I have to buy jean, which again, I cannot since, it is not a good day.

This morning, I saw astrogyan and was miffed with the daily predictions. Why am I like this? Believing all nonsense that astrology spews? Why can I not speak to some one for more than 1 hour without breaking my head over their birthday and nakshathra. Why can I not sit near a gal and not turn her hands to read, even though I have only half baked knowledge in all these fields. Why does my eye wander to the speaker’s hands in any meeting? Why am I even giving a thought to some one’s lakshanams and index finger? God, why am I bothered about horas and all this stupidity. How insane but how long?

No comments: